Thursday, August 25, 2011

PAULA!



Here is the second post about the family I am staying with... Paula is the first born child of Rebeca and Sandro and she is generally hilarious and a lot of fun. She is ten years old.

She is the one cheesin' in the middle.. Hahaha

Paula is my translator, my guide through Puigcerda, and my arguing buddy when we have difficulties communicating with Marco.

She LOVES her dog Rocky.

Paula can play the guitar and dance like no body's business. Sometimes she just dances by herself for absolutely no reason. (Which I think is fabulous)


When an annoying group of young Spanish boys were being ridiculous and bothering her about how old I was she promptly responded with cuarenta y dos (42) and when they didn't believe her she knocked it down to treinta (30) and stuck to her guns.

She is a little naughty sometimes but we generally figure out our disagreements quickly. Everything always has to be fair. Every day I hear "Y Marco???!!!" haha I know that is normal but I just think it is funny to hear it in Spanish.

She loves to hug and she give me kisses all the time. (Which is great, as long as she has brushed her teeth)


Paula is awesome at her English lessons. I am really proud of the amount of english she understands and speaks. Right now we are working on her vocabulary and some different verbs.
She is quick to help me with my spanish which has been really great!


I hope you enjoyed this little insight into the family I am staying with! Stay cool, Texas.

Love you guys!



1 comment:

  1. How awesome!!! :) Paula sounds amazing! I'm glad you have such a great kid to deal with. That IS funny to hear all the general kid-complaints in Spanish! It reminds me of once in germany when I heard a little kid screaming "Nein!" haha

    I wish I could play the guitar and dance like nobody's business...

    ReplyDelete