Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Remote is not That Thing on Your Couch

The first weekend I was here in Spain I went with the family this very remote restaurant . They have gone to this restaurant for awhile now and are pretty good friends with the owner. To help you understand just how remote this place is I will explain how long it took us to get there... First we drove about forty minutes away from their village towards some mountains. We arrived at the base of some hills and thus began our drive up the mountain which took about twenty minutes. Side story: It was during these twenty minutes that the dog threw up in the back seat (thankfully I wasn´t back there! ha). The poor dog got carsick because of the extensive amounts of turns we were making around the mountain. At the end of our twenty minutes the turns began to get narrower and narrower and the family driving in front of us had to honk every time they went around a curve because they obviously did not want to get hit by a car coming down and the road was too narrow for two. Honestly I do not know what we would have done if a car had come..Drive into the bushes on the side I guess?? We FINALLY arrived and I took a picture of my first view of the place.. =)






Obviously the place is a "fixerupper"..It belonged to his great grandparents and over the years he has gradually been updating different rooms and areas. As you have guessed, I am sure, this place is cash only and as we walked up, Rebeca whispered to me "I thank et es eellagal". Walking around the "restaurant" I couldn´t help but agree with her! And apparently, Sandro once fell through the floor! haha


You cannot help but love this place. It´s setting is absolutely gorgeous and the food was pretty amazing. It is nestled with these other random buildings in something of a village on this little mountain top.


The village where the "restaurant" was located

After a short trek with the kids we came back to the hotel area and I tried to take a little siesta because unfortunately I had caught a cold and my body was very angry with me. Not a bad view though, eh?




The view from our walk! Amazing! I know I have had this on my blog for awhile..This post has been in the works for awhile!





A table set for dinner!
So cute.



Even though I was sick, that day trip was a lot of fun and I am really glad that I was able to go along with the family. I hope to be posting more in the next couple of days. It has been difficult because I cannot seem to get the internet to work on my computer! =(


Thanks for reading... C ya lata!

-Ames






























3 comments:

  1. wow!!! that's sounds SO awesome!! And I like your shoes!

    That picture is really cool.. When I first saw it on your blog, I didn't realize that you had actually taken it!! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! yeah it was awesome. The picture was easy to take but thank you =)

    ReplyDelete