Friday, July 29, 2011

If Shoes Could Talk, Mine Would be Speechless



I have obviously been doing a lot of walking these last couple of days because everything is in walking distance and it is just easier! But, there is an additional explanation as to why I chose the title of this post. Mainly it is because pretty much every time I have walked out the door since Sunday by myself I have gotten lost. Well... not necessarily lost but I have certainly walked a great deal more than I should. It is easy to get turned around and walk about half a mile in the wrong direction here, at least for me it is easy! haha I decided to draw a picture of my most recent walking experiences so you can understand what I mean...


I will explain this crazy drawing, don't worry your pretty little head.

Note: Okay, I know the drawing is TERRIBLE..Deal with it. Or, post a question in the comments section ;).

The black route is the route I took yesterday to go to the village... Obviously I went in the complete opposite direction and turned around and found myself back at the house where I tried once again to go to the village and eventually made it there but went ALL the way around the park! haha

The lighter pink route shows the second time I went out on my own to find the hotel that the family manages (El Campus Cerdanya). This time I went in the right direction, sort of, but took a very long route.. :-P

The plus sign route shows the (soft of) correct routes to the village and to the hotel, much shorter as you can see.

So my poor shoes are very confused and speechless at this point because of the crazy routes I have taken and because of the fact that I also go on about two walks a day with the dog. The walking really hasn't bothered my feet and I think I am more sore from the workouts I have done than from just walking around a ton. I guess I was kind of used to it in Austin and I am not in too bad of shape. Thankfully, the long walks have provided ample opportunity for me to take some pictures so I will share them with you! :)

This is a beautiful view close to the hotel.
An Elliptical in the Park! Happy thought indeed.
Hydrangeas!! :) (right, Rebecca W.?)


This is the view from the house that the Garces' are building. The house is just to the left.

I will go for more walks and take some more pictures of the scenery. There is a running/walking trail that I like called "El Paseo de Los Enamorados" (I think that is how it is spelled)...AKA "the path of the lovers", or something like that. It is really pretty and calming.

Today is the last day of the English camp for the kids so I won't be as free to write as much..But I will still try to do one a day.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day! If I could bottle up some of this fresh mountain air and send it back to Texas, I would.

~Ames

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Your pictures look like something out of national geographic!! They are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha LOVE the map!! And the pictures! Hmmm, so Spain has a Lover's Lane too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some electrifying hydrangeas!! <3 <3 We could rarely EVER get that shade of pink in the flower shop!! Love the posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts are awesome, Ames. Keep it up - I love reading everything you've written and the pictures, well... keep on clicking is all I can say!

    ReplyDelete