Friday, February 5, 2010

Explaining the Name

The title of my blog came easily enough. On a whim I created this blog and within a couple seconds the title of it came to me. It is not in reference to a special date which is coming up that involves my eldest sister. Nor does it refer to fifth symphony (which is wonderful and powerful). No it refers to the order in which I was born. I am the fifth child in my family of seven children and I love my placement. Being the fifth has allowed me to be friends with all of my siblings. I have enjoyed the company of not only my eldest sibling but also the youngest. I got to stick around the house while the younger ones were still growing up and I think they trust me as a friend and do not see me as just an older sister who is (sometimes) bossy. As well as being the fifth child, I am ALSO the youngest girl which has been quite fun:).
Well I hope this have given you a little bit of insight into my life (isn't that what these blogs are all about anyway?).

-Ames

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on starting a blog! I love it! YOU are so awesome and interesting!!!! :) LOVE the name, it's genius! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Already dying for a new post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amy,
    Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog! I love getting comments, and it is so fun to see who looks at our pictures. I am excited to get back in touch with you. So what are you studying in school? Your condo sounds really nice! If you are ever around our neck of the woods, please give us a call and feel free to stop by. Stacy has my phone #. I almost got to see her a few weeks ago, but it didn't work out. I was bummed. Well, keep up the good work and I'll check back soon. ~Christina (PS- please call me Christina...I do appreciate you, out of respect, addressing me as Mrs. Herzog...I don't want to fuss, I just want you to feel at ease calling me Christina) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, girl! And yes, I believe your placement in our family has been very beneficial to you. Looking back over our family pictures you can clearly see Rebecca's, Steph's, and my awkward stages. Yours? Not so much. Not sure if that is more related to your natural beauty, mom being too busy to 'experiment' on you, or perhaps the benefit of having four older siblings from whom to learn. ;)
    Anyway, I'm totally jealous of your awesome condo and I can't wait to visit again! You need to come up here and I'll leave Libby with Tim and we can go have fun with Bethanie!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete