Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Stronger

Hello Friends!

I was trying to think of a name for this blog post and one word that came to my mind was "stronger". Since coming back from my trip to Spain, I have realized that I have achieved real growth in a lot of different areas of my life. I will try to summarize those areas for you....

Physical: When I came back from Spain there were parts of my physical body that were in shape but I had definitely gained a lot of weight during my trip. Since my return I have lost weight, gained muscle, and increased my aerobic capacity by working out consistently and eating LOTS of vegetables and meat. The type of exercises I do include: running, weight lifting, body weight exercises, yoga, and other various forms of cardio. I love the effect that weight lifting has on my body and I cannot wait to increase my lifts.

Spiritual: I love how God used my time in Spain to challenge me and allow for a serious amount of growth in my walk with him. I struggled with so many different spiritual battles during my time away that it would take a book to explain them all.

In addition to growing stronger with my body and mind, I noticed that I have become more confident in my "people skills" and ability to communicate. Being in Spain for three months without family or friends was definitely difficult at first but I really learned to adapt and I am so grateful for the relationships I built while I was there.

I am so grateful for the opportunity I was given to travel to Spain and I cannot wait to someday return. For now I am consumed by a busy life in Houston that includes:
Work, working out, cooking, driving everywhere, and striving to get closer to the Lord.

I am employed at Lululemon Athletica, Lonestar College, and Cannon Crossfit!
The last one is the most recent and I can't help but be super excited about it. I am only doing administrative assistant work and shadowing at Cannon but I already love every minute of it.

I hope everyone has had a GREAT week.
See you soon,
Ames

1 comment:

  1. this is cool. :) Okay, I did glamorous Thursday, now YOU do a new post!! hehe

    ReplyDelete